The Zero Mountain™ Russellville facility opened in April 1993 with 100,000 square feet of freezer space, 40,000 square feet of dock space and 20 dock doors.
In the beginning, our primary business was distribution of frozen dinners. With 12,000 racked freezer spaces and our large dock area, we were able to do quite a bit of distribution volume in a very effective manner. In 1994, we added RF to our completely in-house developed warehouse management system. During annual physical inventories for our customers, we have consistently been 100% accurate.
We have moved away from annual physical inventories and are now using cycle counting to better serve our customers. This allows “real time” inventory corrections if needed and we can avoid the cost of an annual physical inventory. In 2000, we expanded our freezer space to 177,500 square feet, our dock space to 71,000 square feet and added 12 dock doors. This expansion enabled us to become one of largest distribution centers for our frozen dinner customer.
In 2008 and 2009 alone, we exported to over 30 different countries worldwide. We have been on the Russian Federation approved exports list since its establishment. We also have bi-annual ASI audits for food safety. We have consistently scored “excellent” on these audits with an average score of 98%.
We have the capacity to turn 5 railcars a day at 5 days a week. Our facility is completely fenced and our yard is locked when no personnel are on premises. For added security, all doors to the building including all dock doors are monitored by digital video cameras 24 hours a day.
In 2009, we started looking at a more lean approach to management to cut the cost not only for us but for our customers as well. Our average receiver turn around time is 51 minutes and average shipper is 1 hour 30 minutes.
Facility Services Include:
- 100% Palletization
- Ammonia Refrigeration
- Forced Air Circulation
- Freezer/Cooler Storage (+38° F to -10° F)
- Blast & Room Freezing
- Blast Freezing Capacity 200,000 lbs per 48 hrs
- Fully RF Computerized Inventory Management, SFTP, AS2 and EDI Capability
- Product Recall
- Rail Service Provided by Union Pacific Railroad
- Distribution and Specialized Handling
- Racked and Bulk Stack Warehouse
- Import/Export Services
- Containerized Loading
- USDA Approved Warehouse
- USDA Approved Meat & Poultry
- USDA Federal ID P-18802
- FDA Approved Warehouse
- Sanitation Audits Performed Regularly by the American Sanitation Institute
- 5,800,000 cu ft. Freezer
- 2,320,000 cu ft. Staging Area
Doors & Docks
- Enclosed Truck and Railcar Doors
- 2 Refrigerated Shipping/Receiving Docks
- 1 Refrigerated Speciality Dock
- 34 Load/Unload Doors
- 2 Railcar Doors
Zero Mountain™ Inc.
500 SR 324 South
Russellville, AR 72802
Shipping / Receiving
Exports / Appointments
Map & Directions
- Take I-40 to Exit 84
- Go south on AR 331
- Follow 331 for .3 mile to Hwy 64 E
- Turn left on 64 E and follow it for .2 mile
- Turn right on AR 324 and follow it for .3 mile
- Zero Mountain™ is on the right